Tie dye hoodies are a great way to show your individuality and creativity. They are also a fun project for kids and adults alike. However, if your tie dye design is not properly cared for, the colours can fade and run.
Here are a few basic rules that ensure an easy-care guide for your tie dye hoodie mens wear:
If you just want to give your tie dye hoodie a quick rinse, then turn the garment inside out and run cold water into the sink or tub. Rinse out any excess dye, but do not use soap yet. You can also add some vinegar into the water if you want to get rid of any excess colour that may remain in your garment.
Wash & Dry
The next step is to launder your tie dye hoodie according to its care label instructions. If there is no tag on your garment, then it’s best to do a second rinse before putting it in the washing machine with other clothes or towels. Use cold water in the washing machine, along with mild detergent and bleach if necessary. After washing your hoodie, make sure that you allow it enough time in the dryer so that all of the moisture has been removed from it before folding and storing away again.
How to Maintain a Bright Wash on Your Tie Dye Hoodies
Maintaining your tie dye hoodies is very important because you want them to stay bright and vibrant for as long as possible.
Here are some tips on how to maintain a bright wash on your tie dye hoodies:
- Wash your tie-dye hoodie in cold water
- Hot water sets the dyes more firmly, causing them to run into each other and make blotches on the fabric.
- Use mild detergent that does not contain bleach or brighteners
- Bleach will cause the colours to fade faster, while brighteners will dull them. Detergents that are specially formulated for dark colours work well with tie dye garments because they do not contain bleach or brighteners.
- If you want to use an ordinary detergent, choose one that contains optical brighteners. These ingredients help keep whites white by reflecting light off of the fibres so that they appear brighter than they would otherwise. They also help prevent yellowing for longer periods of time than ordinary detergents do.
- Do not add fabric softener when washing your tie dye hoodie unless it is specifically designed for use with dark colours such as black or navy blue. Instead, add vinegar to the rinse cycle if you notice any soap scum building up on your clothes after washing them several times in cold water without using vinegar as a final rinse option for each load of laundry containing tie dyed hoodies.
To get your tie-dye hoodies to look their best, consider washing them in cold water when you first receive them. While the darker wash still looks great compared to some running gear, you may wish to preserve the brighter wash for as long as possible. Regardless of which method you choose, remember that dark colours tend to hold stains better than light ones. So be sure not to wear your tie-dye hoodies with non-toxic paints or finger paints around your children and forget about keeping them away from mud puddles!
Whether you tend to your tie dye hoodies daily or every few weeks, there’s no doubt that these tips will be helpful. When cared for properly, these garments can be a source of pride and happiness for years to come.